Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Class Experiences

This will be my actual first blog post. I am going to write about a class experience that is getting me worried. I am taking MKT 351. The professor seems like a good teacher. I read his reviews on ratemyprofessor.com and they all gave him great ratings. So, I was looking forward to taking this class. Also one of my business professor's recommended that I would take this class. However to my dismay this seems like a hard class with a lot of work to do. I will admit I don't want a class where I will have a lot of work to do maybe that is the lazy side of me. Although, I do feel that I am a hard working student. Perhaps it's that I don't think I should have that much work in one particular class because I need to devote my time for my other classes as well . We have 2 exams in this class and one cumulative final. I feel it's crazy to give us a cumulative final because the first test is modules 1-5 the second exam is modules 6-9 then the final is all of that cumulatively, and I think that is crazy. I am the type of person that would read each module 4 times. So when I study for the final I won't have the time to review all those modules by reading them 4 times again to properly study for it. Also, he is giving us a crazy long writing assignment after we have done all the things he wants on it, he estimates that our assignment should be about 25 pages. I never had a writing assignment that long before. Plus I don't know how I will be able to write about some of the questions presented in the writing assignment. Also, we have some homework assignments of some case studies to do. I was working on it today and some of the questions were so confusing. The other thing we have to do is a group assignment. I am not even sure what the heck I will have to do with that yet. I am considering to drop this class but I will see.

1 comment:

She She said...

In general your second paragraph is too wordy. It should be broken into smaller paragraphs. Also breaking each point into pieces to keep the readers' attention.

I think you have the right intensions but in general i feel your theme or background needs to be more appealing but then again thats my opion.